Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Menopause

I woke up at 2:30 this morning and I was covered , soaked in sweat. Hot flashes and night sweats are nothing new to me. I have been peri-menopausal for 3 years now. On a happy note, my doctor says the earlier your body starts going through the menopause motions , the Longer it takes for nature to run its course. In essence, I could be peri-menopausal for a long,long time. I don't relish that thought. On most days, I go about on my happy life journey with nary a thought about time marching along across and throughout my body. But there are times when I'd rather kiss a snake than have one more hot flash. And ovary death HURTS. My sad excuse for  a period adds up to 3 days of excruciating pain during most months - I have been prescribed Loritabs because I can't function when it hurts like that. The hot flashes, night sweats, and mood swings are often just the icing on this nasty little cake. I've been told to take special vitamins, use pain rubs and patches, and I spend a majority of my period with a heating pad or in a hot tub... I have discovered to I can't take Any vitamins any more; I get violently ill (yes,Angel , I should try the Reliv. But every time I think I can order some , something happens) . I even bought a special tea while I lived in Lexington that was supposed to regulate the hormones. Now I'm just determined to live through this without alienating -or killing- my DH. He is a good sport about most of it though. But he really doesn't take kindly to my snapping at him just because he chose the wrong moment to pick on me. I'll just be so glad when this is over

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to my world.. you need to get Reliv.. cause it is the only thing that has saved these morons on this hill from me killing them. Seriously..