Monday, March 14, 2011

Ice!!??!!

There is ice falling from the sky this morning. I walked my YD to the bus at the end of the driveway and the sleet started to fall . Fortunately, it started sleeting before we got off the porch. I can just imagine having to race back to the house for the umbrella. I may just make it a habit to take the umbrella with us every morning... even if the sun is shining bright and warm. This is KY after all. The weather is as fickle as my 12-year-old SD.

I yearn for the pleasant days of summer.. and yet I know that spring and summer bring thunder storms that we may have to walk through to get YD to the bus. But at least it will be warm and perhaps this constant ache will be relieved. I know spring is slowly winding its way here. I heard about a thousand frogs in the pond last night before bed time. Poor little fellers have woke up to some cold and unpleasant weather. But on the bright side, it is supposed to warm up later this week.

On a side note, one of my favorite things about this old country home passed yesterday... That's right, I am in mourning. I am mourning the lose of my front porch swing. DH was sitting on the swing when the back broke off and spilled him out backwards onto the porch floor. When I got to him (being alerted by YD yelling "O Papa " all the way through the house) he was flat on his back groaning and laughing. He hit his head twice on the banister as he fell . And for unknown reasons, found it hilarious that the porch swing died while he was sitting upon it. So now I am in search of a new porch swing. I happen to live in the land of old farmers and hand-crafters... It will not be long before I am swinging on my front porch again.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok I would have paid money to see the sight of Danny and his long legs and arms splayed out from the fall, as long as he was ok I would have busted a gut laughing. Did he hurt the banister much with that hard head of his??? I know it left a mark or two..
We had sleet , snow and rain this morning..