Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cobwebs

I hate cobwebs. Actually, I hate any dirty nasty thing but cobwebs give me the chills. I thought I had rid my little country home of those pesky interlopers into my clean house But I found out differently this morning. As I was happily Facebooking with my trusty cup of coffee, I looked up into the corner of my living room and there hung  the ghastly proof that I had some how failed to rid my home of condemned spider webs and dust. Ugh! Gross! So I retrieved my duster from the closet and set on a journey of removing and destroying any and all cobwebs. I went through every room, dusting corners cracks and crevices.I have waged war on those nasty , clinging bits and strands. I know there are more... I haven't dusted my daughters rooms today. And I know if they are everywhere else in the house , they will be found in those rooms too. Kat ran me out of her room . I was trying to dust while she was trying to sleep .... For some odd reason she didn't find that appealing at all. I tried to explain that I was freeing her room from the bondage of cobwebs... she threw a pillow at me. I guess she doesn't have the same issues with cobwebs that I do. Hmmmm Imagine that, my teenage daughter could care less about my battle with the evil cobwebs. Well it is late morning now and I think it is time for her to wake and greet the day... or I'll just whack her with my duster if she grumbles at me again.

 After I finish dusting I have decided to set up the little girls' room the way I  want it. I tried to give them a chance to unpack and set up the room to suit them... Apparently having a pile of boxes stacked in the corner suits them just fine; I am not pleased with that at all. I want everything in its place ( at least once a year in the girls' rooms and always in every room I used daily. It drives me bananas to try to search for something when it can not be found in its appointed place. I hate searching for anything. I want to be able to go directly to an  item when I need it, not after 20 minutes of searching. Of course, my middle child (my youngun from another mother) has a entirely different view of  the household rules. She figures if she can hide it , it is clean. If she can use it , it is hers. And if I tell her to do something , she can get a different opinion from her father (that doesn't work ,but she tries). She has no rules at her mother's house, except what her grandmother says goes. She has no chores as long as she keeps her grades up... I have seen her bedroom and I don't know how she gets in the bed at night. But , despite the lack of  parental guidance , she is turning into an alright kid.

 I went of on a tangent there that I never meant to get into . my point was that I am going to get those rooms dusted and the little girls' room unpacked before there morning is gone... Wow I better get hopping before the day really gets away from me!

0 comments: