Saturday, March 5, 2011

The rain

Rain has a completely different smell in the country. When I lived in the city the rain always smelled like worms and dirt - very strong. Here in the country it smells clean and fresh. I know it is probably my imagination but it feels cleaner too. And even though this kind of weather makes me ache all over I love to listen to the rain falling on the tin roof of the house. It is very soothing. The weather man said we were under a flood warning because we have had too much rain fall lately. But til I float away i will be enjoying the sights , sounds and smells of another rainy ,spring-ish day here in La-la land.
 Rain makes me drowsy. I almost said it made me lazy but I think I was born lazy so I can't blame it on the rain... Okay now I've got that Milly-Vanilly song in my head. Well today's background music is brought to you by  Rain... there are alot of songs about the rain but my favorite is  "Drip, drip drop little April showers..."
 Today I have to makes sure all of my OD's clothes are clean to pack for her to go to voc/rehab on Monday. I am nervous and scared for her... she seems more excited than nervous, but that is okay I happen to be experiencing enough anxiety for both of us. I'm not ready to see her flex those freedom wings just yet. She may be 18 but I  can't imagine her being gone all day everyday. But I am also so proud of her for getting into this program and wanting to learn and do more. It was just 2 years ago that she was eliciting promises from me and DH that  we would never make her move out because the world was too big and scary. I praise God for the improvement in my OD. Okay I have rambled enough for one day and no matter how much I procrastinate the laundry won't wash itself.

0 comments: