Monday, January 10, 2011

Moving

2 1/2 years ago , we moved to the city. It was a big adaptation for this little country mouse to learn to live in the city. Now we are moving back to the same house in the same chunk of country we left because city livin' is expensive. We can live well on the same money that we are barely surviving on right now. And living well within our means is very important. Being able to give my girls the things they need and pay our bills is Very important. But at the same time I am so thankful for my time here. We have made some life long friends. I will forever have a church family here. And I have learned some very important lessons here. There is too much for me to see,hear,and experience for me to hide in the house all the time. My children have blossomed and grown independent in the past couple of years (even though my youngest wants me to Home school her so that she can stay home with me more LOL ... not gonna happen) As I have started thinking about moving back to the country, I have realized that I feel like I am going home.  In Bath county, if someone gets shot, they were either cheating or hunting... here you can get shot walking down the wrong street. I am looking forward to hearing the birds sing at sunrise and hearing the frogs converse at sunset. Winters are hard no matter where you live when you have fybromyalgia But Spring and summer are times for running across the yard barefooted with a water hose chasing after your children and dragging the dogs out of the pond. Plus, I miss my family and friends A LOT. So I am letting the internet and phone be shut off this week so I can afford to move. I can't wait ... I am excited.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool that you get to move back to your cozy hometown. find myself longing for the city a little and I am sure you will miss that too.