Monday, May 9, 2011

Ashley's birthday and mother's day

Ten years ago, I got the best Mother's Day present a mom could get. Ashley was born 2 days before Mother's Day in 2001. Most usually we celebrate her birthday on the weekend of Mother's Day ... We clump it together into one big celebration. But this weekend , Ashley was sick. And we couldn't have her birthday party. But that didn't  stop us from giving her the present we bought for her, and taking her out to eat. We got her a swimming pool and 3 movies (the Twilight movies). Now comes the task of setting it up and maintaining all the chemicals. I did not know what I was getting into... WOW. But I am looking forward to climbing into that pool with my girls and playing all summer long. Well ok so I'll be floating and catching sun more than I will be "playing". But it will be fun .

For Mother's Day, Danny got me 2 treasure boxes, a mailbox stamp holder and a sea turtle. That is what he bought for me at Crackle barrel , Angel. He told me about calling you to tell you not to mention that your sister saw him. I love all those treasure boxes and I hope he gets me one for every holiday/special day. But some of them are kind of expensive. I guess i should have taken pics of Ashley's and my presents but I am too ornery for that . Ok I guess I'll go do some laundry now before it is time to mow the lawn. Every day is Mother's Day and today is Mother's day to do some chores.

0 comments: