Monday, September 27, 2010

Insomnia

Insomnia sucks! I don't suffer from it as often as I used to , but on the rare occasion that I can't snuggle down in my nice warm bed next to my loudly snoring hubby, it wreaks havoc on my  entire day/night. Usually i have the exact opposite problem . I am tired all the time and I sleep alot because fibromyalgia brings chronic fatigue over to play . I can't find a happy medium. Either I sleep too much or I don't sleep at all. Thank God for coffee. If it weren't for coffee, my 9-yr-old would never go to school because her Mom wouldn't get out of bed to get her there. If it wasn't for coffee my bi-polar child would have free run of the house without having to take her meds... Uhmmmmmmm, not happening in this life. And my hubby wouldn't have his clothes ironed ever. I iron when i can't sleep. And there is a definite difference in just not being able to sleep and the evil of insomnia. With insomnia , you can be so tired you desperately want to sleep but the sand man has forgotten your address. Laying there in the bed wishing for sleep because I can't sleep is the worst kind of torture. Then when dinner is about done,and I need to set the table OR when dinner is over and the 9-yr-old needs a shower... That is when the crash comes. Dinner is burnt , the youngun is smelly and I am out of order on the couch oblivious to every thing around me. That is when I rely on the competence of my hubby. He will supply or salvage dinner, He will set the temp in the shower, He will drag my butt to the bed if I am snoring too loud on the couch. But for now there is no crash in sight. And I get to use all this strange energy to for housework  which isn't getting done because I decided now would be a good time ( @ 2:15 a.m. ) to let my creative juices pour out in a blog.And since I think they are cute here is what my family looks like sleeping... Well not Danny if I posted a pic of him sleeping that may be ammunition for retaliation.

The drama princess ...
 They are sharing the keyboard shelf.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

lmbo @ HOney and the cat.. and I thought my animals were mentally challenged.. HA @ Dan using sleeping pics as retaliation.. Hey I already have given half of the interwebs the vision of him standing on a ladder saying Tay in da win